Monday 1 September 2014

Left Vegas on Friday about 10am and thank god I was getting out before the weekend as was labour weekend here and the amount of traffic going to Vegas was unbelievable . Once on the road it only took me 20 minutes to get out of the city and into the desert and it was hot so I called into most of the towns gas station to have a drink either water or gator aid usually both and put water over my head to cool down . In some wee town they were showing they had how hot it was, 108 degree F , I found it was hotter than Death Valley last time I was here. Any way arrived in LA and was worried I wouldn't find the motel as wasn't using the GPS  just a note I had written on the bike so off at this exit checked GPS and it was around the corner wahoo who is the man . Checked in found pool ( 6.30 at this stage ) couple beers a feed in bed by 9.30 buggered.
Saturday on the bike and went and checked out Venice beach and the Santa Monica beach ,now these beaches are not like what you see in the movies or on TV with all the tanned beautiful people some looked ok some we're stunning and a lot were fat and not good to look at ,had lunch did some tee shopping and had enought by 4 so back to motel got a cab to movies ( expendable 3 ) and that was my day
Sunday just realised that kiwi shipping closed Monday and I fly out Monday night , damn and my suit case at the depot made calls e mails etc can't get a hold of any one, so not panicking will sort out Monday May have to stay an extra night and change flights . Went to a mall, 6th biggest one in the country finished shopping ( was going to Tijuana today, but bus had to get,from here 2.5 hr to San Diego 2.5 back ) any this mall was huge you needed a GPS to find your way around , saw I lot of stuff I would have liked to buy but am under orders from Jan ( you don't NEED any more clothes) then I dawned on me leave bike at motel on Monday buy a cheap suit case and they can pick up the bike on Tuesday ,and Ocker will need a bigger bag when he goes to come home.
Monday have gone to Wal mart got a cheap case , packed, emailed kiwi shipping , keys in envelope at front desk, taxi ordered for 6 ,and I am allowed to use pool till then sweet . Next blog from NZ


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.