Friday 27 July 2012

Gas - did someone say they needed gas?


Did a long ride today and we were informed it was going to be hot but was a nice 26 degrees with the odd very hot period.  Struck some rain just leaving Flagstaff but nothing to worry about and OMG no one got lost today.  Ok I did for 10 minutes but we a have back up plan to find each other.  I missed a turn off but went down next one and backtracked and they were at a gas station.  Mental note when at gas station check tank for fuel.

We visited the meteor crater by Winslow.  Awesome, well worth the look and I can cross that one off my list. 15 minutes down the road I ran out of gas.  Well bugger me its in the middle of nowhere but away in the distance could see a building so coaxed the lovely lady down the road stopping to shake her side to side to get that extra bit of mileage out of her.

The building was a run down Indian trading post and they didn't have any spare gas but I spotted a hose lying on the ground grabbed that and siphoned some out of Dave's tank.  I can still taste it and that was 3 hours ago.

Staying at another Super 8 tonight as laundry night and I have run out of jocks and I am not going to be like Mark and turn them inside out.  I am pleased there is only the 3 of us on the trip (thinking of you Nathan) as anymore would have been hard going.  We have found that most motels will throw in a fold away bed for an extra $10.00 so we are averaging about $20.00 to $25.00 each for the night.

Quite happy, been here 5 days and things going along ok.  Right time for the pool as all sweaty and smelly, shower first as don't want to leave a ring around the pool. We are getting some good accommodation so far as haven't booked anywhere, just rock up ask price for 3 in a room have you got WiFi, have you got a pool,  have you got a fridge in the room - all the important questions!



















Location:Holbrook

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.