Friday 6 July 2012

2nd blog


Still haven't figured out how to down load pictures yet but working on it. Have started to sort my gear out but running out of bag space.  Might have to wear my bike jacket and helmet on to the plane.

Not long to go  - 16 days.  Think everything is sorted.   Got a meeting with Dave and Coxy tomorrow.  The bike pictured on the start of the blog I purchased through eBay as I found that hiring a bike a bit expensive - about $200.00 a day so was going to work out roughly $6500.00 and sending my bike over and back about $3500.00. 

I have always wanted a Harley so have been looking at eBay for the last 6 months driving Jan up the wall, so found this online.  They had it priced at $11000.00 US in their show room but was on eBay for $9400.00 US as they had new stock coming in and need more room.  As the NZ dollar was high at the time this worked out at NZ $12000.00 so with freight back pay GST re vin landed on the road $16000.00 all up.  Anyone want to buy a Suzuki Boulevard 800 cc bike as will sell this when I get back.

Have been dealing with Kiwi Shipping in LA.  They are holding on to our bikes till we get there on the 23rd. First thing to do when we get to the US is buy some tents, sleeping bags etc as we are staying in both motels and camping grounds so just playing by ear where we are going to sleep. One of the things I am looking forward to doing is visiting Roswell; as I am a SF fan.  Love Dr Who, Star Wars, anything to do with aliens and time travel. This trip also about crossing off things on my bucket list.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.