Wednesday 4 July 2012

Complaint


Well had one complaint with my blogging already.  Tracy from Head Office, "don't you know how to use capitals do you want me to edit for you"?  So that's it, she is now off my Xmas card list but I will try to do better.

One of the reasons I decided to do the American trip was I read the book TWISTING THROTTLE by Mike Hyde about his adventures riding around America, 50 states in 60 days I thought if he can do it so can I.  I am not that old. Jan and myself had been to the USA before back in 2000 spending a month down south, New Orleans, Atlanta, Nashville, Little Rock and enjoyed the hospitality.

With my job I am lucky I get to meet some great people one of them is Joe the CEO of a liquor company who has given me lots of advice as he has done this trip a few times he also put me on to a great web site Harley Davidson route planner.  This site allows you to plan your route, gives you mileage & time and you can down load to your GPS.  He also gave me a spreadsheet, which will be my bible. It has day/date/destination/miles/time/comments/ accommodation so I will know day by day where I am going but at the same time it is flexible. So with this spread sheet and iPhone and iPad hooked up to GPS I should be ok to find my way around. Now all I need to know is how to get some pictures on this site.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.