Sunday 12 August 2012

Old Faithful - old fizzer!


After an early night left Cook City to Yellowstone Park and 3 miles down the road we were at the N E entrance.  Paid our $20.00 entry fee and were in, but I am going to change the subject. 

Was lucky yesterday getting out of Cody we hit road works and luckily I was wearing my helmet as stone came off a bus and hit my visor and chipped it.  Would have got my left eye if visor was up.
Mark was lucky today, we didn't realise that his back tyre was down to the canvas, just as we started into the park but he managed to get to Jackson (was touch and go).  So will get a new tyre tomorrow.


Well the park was just like you see on those TV shows, amazing and to cap it off struck a herd of bison on the road.  They were so close I could have touched them. To all those US people following this, this park is a gem and is to be treasured don't let it become too commercial like some people are trying to do to our national parks.

Old Faithful was a fizzier, went to get a hot dog and off she went and I would have to wait for another hour plus to see it so meet up with Mark and Dave again as we had got separated. At Old Faithful there were hundreds of  people everywhere just sitting around waiting for it to go off. Could read some of the ladies minds "is that it, that was short and sweet just like home!"

The highlight of the day was just riding at 45 mph stopping looking at all this scenery that I have seen on TV and thinking life is good it don't get any better than this.

An observation, next to Southlanders, Americans would have to be the most friendly, nicest people I have met.

Forgot to mention the bike wave, this happens when a bike is coming towards you.  Left hand comes off the handle bar and goes about 10 inches below the hand grip, arm is then extended and usually 2 fingers extended (peace sign).  Never, I repeat never have your hand in an upright position as the wind will catch it and dislocate your shoulder (the wave is never done in a 50 mile radius of Sturgis to many bikers).

7 hours on bike today so tomorrow going to do repairs and clean all our bikes as up to just under 5000 miles so far on bikes.

Would be good to get some emails from my squash team on how training is going but guess they have forgotten about me.










- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad
Location:Jackson hole

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.