Friday 17 August 2012

Hoover Dam, Vegas


Well have arrived in Vegas after a long ride.  About 4 hours but most of that was on the freeway where the speed limit is 65 or 75 mph but you cruise along about 85 mph and still cars pass you.  Got a bit behind so had the bike up to 105mph and the old girl cruised along nicely (about 150kmph). 

Called in and had a look at the Hoover Dam which is impressive then about 10 minutes out from the Dam a lady in front of me put her breaks on at a yellow light so had to break really hard.  Tail of bike went around and I was going side ways but turned front wheel into slide and recovered.  Mark was behind me and he thought it was all over rover, I think he got more of a fright than I did.

Had no trouble finding hotel room.  Wasn't ready so were told to come back at 3 pm which I did.  Got strange looks said I was too early then realized I should have put my watch back as crossed a time zone as we entered a different state.

Went for a look down the strip and had a ride on monorail.  Could see the Hooters sign but still couldn't find it (maybe tomorrow).  Came home early as still too hot out.

One of the sayings here which I love is when people you have just meet and know you are on bikes is. " Ride safe " much better than goodbye.

Location:Vegas

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.