Thursday 30 August 2012

Universal Studios


Had an interesting day today as was going to Universal Studio but the trouble was it was the other side of town.  Cab would have been about $80.00 eachway so decided to take a bus and train.  The 142 bus took me to Long Beach.   Cost $1.50 then on the blue train to LA central, then the red train to the studio.  Train fee $6.00 for a day pass.

Took 2 hours but was an interesting trip sort of went through some not very nice neighborhoods.  Met a lot of different people from all different backgrounds and races but didn't feel threatened.  Was quite comfortable during the entire trip.  Coming home in the 6 o'clock rush I'm thinking no way could I live like this every day.  Trains to work etc you would spend a quarter of your working life in a bus or a train.  As Fred Dagg said "we don't know how lucky we are”!

Universal was great, not too crowded.  Didn't have to wait in line for long which was great as was very hot.  Did the studio tour and on it you did a King Kong tour which was in 3D - freaking awesome!  Biggest 3D presentation in the world.  After that did all the other rides, Transformers 3D (went twice) then The Mummy Returns. 

Now this ride was a roller coaster which I didn't realize.  I HATE roller coasters but was in a line and wearing a Kiwi tee shirt so couldn't chicken out.  Now I will admit I did scream a bit (sounded like Maria Thurlow when she is losing a squash game) but was starting to relax a bit when all of a sudden you started to go backwards and it was in the dark.  Did you know you can buy underwear at Universal?  I now own a pair of Bart Simpson boxers (just kidding or am I?  You will never know).  Spent 5 hours there and really enjoyed myself.

Now back at hotel by the pool, a few beers before tea.  There is Karaoke in the bar tonight (no I am not singing, I sound like Colin McDonald with a cold).  Just met a guy and his family and he is head chef on Donald Trumps golf course, nice people.  Anyway last night was quiet.  Went to a wee micro brewery pub down the street with a few Kiwis but home by 11.

Last day in US tomorrow, sad to go but am looking forward to seeing family.














Location:LA

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.