Saturday 25 August 2012

Just doing my job - sampling wine!


Had a sleep in till 9 this morning then headed out to the Napa Valley to look at some vineyards (not to buy).  Only took about 70 minutes from where I am staying. 

Its a lovely wee drive but traffic everywhere as it's Saturday here so everyone is out doing the lunch thing with family and friends and a lot of bikers on the road also.

I can see why this area is ideal grape growing country dry, hot and plenty of water much like our wine regions in NZ.  So did a bit of sampling and sad to say I prefer NZ wines think they are more flavorsome.  There were some Merlot I liked but I think the Chardonnays were like a Sav.  The Pinot Gringo nothing like our Pinot Gris but were ok.  But the actual wineries leave ours for dead.

So a very relaxing day.  Tomorrow might go look at Silicon Valley and being Sunday go to church (yea right)!

Here are just a few of the places I saw today.







This is a school for cooking.

Yep not bad in another week be ready to pick.



All the stones for this castle were brought over from Tuscany, very impressive.








Tasting room in the dungeon.  The staff were dicks, right up themselves.


This is a hotel and winery, very modern.











Location:SF

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.