Sunday 19 August 2012

Jan - can I borrow your card, need some money!


Said goodbye to the boys this morning then went and met up with Jenessa and her friends who are nurses in the ER department.  Nice people was good to meet them. I mentioned that I was going to ride through Death Valley and one of the guys said there are 2 ways to die their, dehydration and drowning.  Dehydration I could understand but drowning so he explained that when it rains heavy up in the mountains only one way for the water to go and its down hill.   If you are caught in one of those small river beds (gulch) its like a small tidal wave coming at you.  Goes from 6 inches of water to 8 to 10 feet of water in a matter of minutes.

Am now at the Harley shop getting a service and have to get a new back tyre and a service. The whole lot going to cost me $510.00 US but needs done.  Just hope I can pay for it.  Tried paying on my new/temp MasterCard but keeps declining so have rung them in NZ and they are trying to sort out which would be good as am going to need it from now on.

Have now got to sit around for 90 minutes till a supervisor in NZ starts as its still early morning there.  May have to ring Jan to use her card.

This is a small geyser in Yellowstone.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.