Tuesday 28 August 2012

Bon voyage and thanks for the ride - see you in NZ!


Today departed San Luis at about  9.00 am and was looking forward to some great coastal scenery.  But low and behold sea fog for the first hour so couldn't see a thing but when it cleared coast was gone. Still was a nice ride then struck the coast again. 

Very nice but was on freeway so didn't have much of a look but from what I could see NZ coastal scenery was much better especially Catlins route.

Just got into LA and hit a traffic jam and to make things worse was about 100 degrees and there was new black tar seal.  To make it worse I had all my bike gear on.  Anyway was in the inside lane and missed the turn off so had to go miles out of my way.  About an extra hour of riding. Finally got to Kiwi Shipping and was absolutely drenched in sweat.  So after a tearful farewell to the bike have booked into a nice hotel and going to shop and do some sightseeing and relax for 3 days.

Saying goodbye to a dear very close friend today was hard as I have shared great scenery, lots of miles and some close calls.  Yes today I dropped my bike into Kiwi Shipping and will pick her up in about 6 weeks in NZ.

Location:LA

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.