Monday 13 August 2012

Thrills and no spills


Had a bit of a hiccup to our travels as couldn't get a tyre for Mark in town so one is being sent and will be here noon tomorrow.

We were to be in Salt Lake City tonight but doing a quick trip there tomorrow so this puts us a day behind. We're going to stay 2 nights in Moab but only going to stay 1 night there now, reason for 2 nights was we were going rafting on the Colorado river but have canceled that.

Had to fill in the day so this afternoon Mark and myself went white water rafting down the Snake river and it was freaking awesome.  Only a grade 3 but the views were great and even seen some bald eagles.  This river is 1000 miles long and is one of the most rated rivers in the US and I can see why.

Jackson is a lot like Queenstown in NZ and we are staying in the historic part of it.  The town it is a tourist town with a lot of summer activities and a big ski resort in winter (I could live here).

This country is getting under my skin (Jan keep taking those lotto tickets have found a place to live).

As the trip goes on (half way today, 3 weeks to go) this scenery gets better and better.

Spoke to Mary-Ellen who is looking after work at the moment and told me the staff are all missing me which is nice (lol made that bit up)  Am finding I am really relaxing now as I know work is in capable hands.



Location:Jackson Hole

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.